Friday, January 22, 2010

My Mancave, My Canvas.

Durring my time in pharmacy school, when my wife and I would go looking at houses and dream of our future home, one of the things I negotiated for was my own space, for my stuff, that I had complete control over. My wife could decide how the rest of the house looked, all I cared about was an entertainment room, that I could fill with my own decor, and would serve as a place for movie nights, gaming, and chillin'.

So my mancave was born. Right now, it is a simple place, with a nice TV, gaming consoles, a computer, and a busted up little entertainment console. So it serves its purpose well, allowing the family to play games, watch movies (including Netflix and Hulu, streamed to the TV), and the huge, wicked-awesome bean-bag chair my sister made for me serves as a great pad for some serious WWE style throw-downs between my boys and I.

The purpose for this post is not to let you all know that I have a preety cool little mancave. The purpose is to serve as a before shot, as in, "This is what my mancave looked like before it exploded into awesomeness."

I have long known that the decor would be themed on the retro, nerdy stuff that I like (or loved as a kid). Unfortunately, no one makes furniture or art to suit my nerdy needs, so I am building this stuff myself (which means that I am a manly nerd, because I build stuff out of wood, and also, I wear Old Spice deoderant).

So I give you the before shots, here is my canvas:





A partial view of the seating...





Front and side views of the tv and busted up console...



The exit.

Stay tuned for some future posts, each one highlighting a project or two on the beautification and manly nerdification of my man cave.

No comments: