Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mancave Beautification Project # 2: A Childhood Hero Tells Me The Time

My second project is a small one: My room needs a nice clock to go right there above the light switch:

So let me introduce you to Ralph Hinckley, the "Greatest American Hero":


"The Greatest American Hero" was one of my favorite shows to watch as a little kid with my Dad. He would lay down on the couch and curl his legs, and I would sit behind his legs and call it "my nest."

So I ordered some clock parts and a clock engine, bought a circular piece of wood from Michaels, then used my wife's Cricut with the "Sure Cuts A Lot" software to cut out some paper shapes to glue to the circular base. Finally I painted the frame, sealed and lacquered the whole thing, put together the clock-bits, and here is the result, The Greatest American Clock:



Two projects down, two to go.

No comments: